Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall is here!

My favorite time of the year.  It is just beautiful here, all the trees dressed in their finest golds and reds.  Love love love it!  I have an amazing view of the mountains of southwest Colorado and they were covered in snow this morning.  The snow I'm not so looking forward to.........  But you can't beat the breath-taking view it makes on the mountain tops!

I'm still 34 pounds down as I was on my 10/4 post.  Not good at all.  And I say that because it's my own fault.  I haven't been eating carefully nor have I been exercising.  I'm very proud of the 34 I've lost and I'm ok with being steady for the past few weeks because usually I would gain at least a couple of pounds pre band.  But I need to get a grip and pay attention to my eating.  I know I'm getting enough fluids, my urologist says my urine is wonderful lol.  Wonderful urine.........  to funny.

But I've gotten into some very bad habits already.  It's so much easier to just nibble and pick at things and not sit down and eat a proper meal.  Why o why do peanut M&Ms go down so much easier than meat or veggies????  Not fair!  The last couple of nights I've paid more attention to what I'm eating and trying to put a halt on the snacking.

Then I sit all day at a desk.  No way around that right now, so I've GOT to start an exercise program.  I found out about a zumba class at lunch today, will look into that.  Except zumba kinda scares me.......

I'm a TOTAL klutz and I'm afraid I'll fall down and break something lol.

Go for my 3rd fill next Wednesday.  I sure hope I'm getting close to the magical green zone.  I kinda thought it would come on gradually, but maybe it just hits you all at once?  I feel hungry alot more than I thought I would after 2 fills and I'm starting to get the shakes from blood sugar drops again.  Those are alot of why I'm so overweight now.  I eat until they go away and by then I've eaten ALOT.  Don't need that again!

Time to go catch up on some blogs and get motivated again!

4 comments:

  1. It sure hit me all at once. Hopefully you'll get some good restriction real soon.

    As you know, the band is designed to work best when we eat about a cup of food every 3-4 hours. Sliders (candy) and "grazing" are sure-fire ways to sabotage the band. Use this fill as an opportunity to get back to basics.

    I don't think I'd like Zumba, but how about a walk during lunch hour? It is cheap and you won't need a shower afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this upcoming fill works out! :) fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    Good luck with your next fill. I took well more than three to get good restriction! good for you for getting so close so fast. Mine was really rather gradual and then as I lost more weight it would slip away again. It has really been that way through the whole thing with longer and shorter green zones.

    thanks for commenting over at my place-New York is worth the trip. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently I have read the study, which stated the basic things helping you in getting quick results. For myself, I would highlight the importance of proper recovery, which is often underestimated; and providing your body with sufficient liquid. 'Sufficient' - is much more than a lot of us think)). You can see those recommendations at http://bit.ly/1lc6aWE

    ReplyDelete