This is a question I've been asking myself since surgery. (yes I know it's been that long since I've been here whatever) I researched and read about the lapband for 2 years before I decided to do it. Then I found out my insurance "might" pay..... if I wanted to wait 6 months. Well I didn't. And luckily I've got a husband that doesn't mind spending money at all. In fact the more the better :) It's just usually on his toys lol.
So I decided to selfpay (this you already know if you've been reading my sparse lame posts but according to my kids I repeat myself ALOT, whatever). But the totally unorganized hospital I had surgery at has submitted everything to my insurance company. ughhh AFTER I wrote a humongo check to them!! But.......... insurance has paid some of the claims!!! woot! The preop visits and the surgeon bill! So I go for my first fill on Wednesday and I'm going to take my EOBs and ask for some money back. I'm taking this as a thump on the head from God that........
YES I DID THE RIGHT THING!
Even tho I'm struggling right now, bandster hell ya know, I am finally convinced that I did the right thing. :)
So Wednesday............ I get my first fill at 10:15 am. And I'm scared! I'm more worried about the fill than I remember being about the surgery! I know it will all be ok because I've read so many blogs and you all were ok. Thank goodness I found you guys, otherwise I would be totally freaking myself out. How do I know this??? Because I.do.it.all.the.time! ughh Instead I'm just freaking out somewhat right now lol.
Weight is at 245.2 this morning. That's up from a low of 242.3 which was the day before I added regular food back. So I'm happy with a 3 lb gain. I can't eat quite as much as I could before, but almost. The thing I'm finding is I've GOT to slow down. I have lots of trouble with that. But it is getting better each day.
Oh and I've learned 2 VERY important things this week....................
Those little powder sugar covered donuts that come in the 6pack you get at the convenience store? They don't go down worth a shit! Same with the cinnamon rolls in the can you bake at home. A little birdie told me this, I didn't try any of it. Nope not me. No way. And the birdie told me it hurts BAD. I didn't PB tho, I mean the BIRDIE didn't PB. But the band did exactly what I want it to do, get my attention when I try to eat something stupid. Dumb bird.......
I'm still having trouble with not drinking with my meals. It's getting better, but still a struggle. I MISS my ice tea. I've also got to come up with a way to get more protein in. I'm not getting nearly enough, partly because I'm not much of a meat eater. I much prefer cookies and cake.................
Toodles for now, I've got almost 500 posts in my reader to catch up on!
Weight - 245.2
BMI - 40
You are so lucky you didn't have to wait 6 months, but your insurance is still paying some of the bills. More money for your wardrobe funds because you'll be shrinking out of your clothes in no time. I was super nervous about the fill to, but it was really a breeze.
ReplyDeleteI am a lacto - ovo vegetarian so protein is an issue for me too. I do eat eggs and dairy. Email me if you want some tips amandakiska@yahoo.com .
ReplyDeleteI wasn't really sure about the surgery until about two months later when I had lost a good chunk of weight and could see how amazing the band is.
Don't worry about your fill. It's a breeze!