Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 6

dang it I wasn't going to miss so many days in between posts, I'll forget details.  Oh well...

Everyday is substantially better!  I worked all day today.  Sitting at a desk was not always comfortable but not terrible.  Lots of mail to open and filing to do.  I think all that arm movement really helped with the gas cause I belched all day long!  ughhhh

To back up, day 4..... slept some better, still couldn't sleep on my left side (which is the preferred) but at least I don't have to stay on my back all night.  I went in to the post office, stopped by the shop and went to the grocery store for a few things.  Was worn OUT by the time I got home.  And my side was really starting to hurt.  Not sure if it from the port or still gas.  Slept way better that night.

Day 5, Sunday, just layed around all day and read off and on.  I think 2 bouts of anesthesia a week apart had me a little loopier than I though it would.  Haven't been able to concentrate hardly at all.  I've spent hardly any time on the computer (and I LOVE me some internet!!) or read.  But thankfully James Patterson's Alex Cross books have short chapters so it makes it easier.  Slept for 4-5 hours at a stretch that night.  yay!!

Still not eating enough (or drinking!)  Just not hungry at all.  I've found that small curd cottage cheese goes down the best plus it fairly high in protein.

Day 6, weight is 248.5!!!  So I have a starting weight dilemma... I was holding around 262 for the last couple months, but DH was out of town for several weeks and I binged BAD.  Really bad.  For days.  So my weight jumped to 268.  Now I know alot of it was fluid retention from eating like crap because after a few days it dropped to 264-265.  The next day I started my preop.  SO.... what would you use as a starting weight?  I like the 268 because that means I've lost 20 lbs!  (how twisted is that that I "want" to use the higher weight ughh)  Still pondering this.

I made broccoli cheese soup this weekend, cooked the broccoli to death in chicken broth then blended.  mmmmm that was appetizing............ NOT  omg worse than baby food.  But threw it in with some Velveeta and sharp cheddar and more broth.  Not to bad.  Then tonight I put some soup and some canned chicken in the blender and then warmed.  Not bad and more protein.  Should have warmed the soup first tho so it would blend better. 

One odd thing I've noticed after I eat it feels like I'm having a little spasm.  Maybe where the band is?  It was kinda bad at first but now it's minor. 

So those are my ramblings for now.  I wish I could write witty posts like some of the blogs I read.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Teri!!!

    I use my higher weight (I was 278 at my initital consultation; did get up to 284 somewhere in there; then 270 at surgery time.) I use 284 as my start weight. I figure I gained it AND lost it so it should count. (I don't however use my all-time high from two years ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need for "witty" posts...if we didn't already adore you, we wouldn't be following you! :) I'm just glad to ehar that you are doing well and i would use your starting weight from when you started the process. You can use the preop weight as sort of a secondary gauge, too. Either way, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better each day. I would go with the higher weight because it's truly what you've lost - fluid or no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go with your highest weight. Happy 20 lbs. down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the winner is.... YOU. I nominated you for an award. Check it out. http://mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html
    *Maria*

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you are working on your weight loss, it is very important to set right goals. The following resource was of great help for me – http://bit.ly/Qh9G8S /. Among other interesting things, I have also read there a lot about diets and proper nutrition. I even started taking one of the supplements they wrote about. I was pleasantly surprised when I’ve noticed first results. My strength and endurance went up, making my workouts much more effective. My shape has improved and I’ve lost weight without any special diet.

    ReplyDelete